It's been a long time since I've had to write a term paper. Is there anyone on campus to help me learn how again?

Does UNC Charlotte offer accelerated or online degree programs?

There are a few online degree programs offered through Distance Education. There are no accelerated programs offered at UNC Charlotte. For more information on distance education programs available throughout the UNC system, please visit UNC Online.

How do I find out about internships or career paths?

Internships and job shadowing are great ways to enhance your college education. Please visit the University Career Centerfor more information on how to take advantage of these opportunities. The Career Center also provides career testing, off campus job postings, and information on career paths available for your major.

How do I find out who my major advisor is?

Your assigned advisor(s) should be listed on your student record in My UNC Charlotte. You can also view your advisor through Connect. If your record does not list an advisor, you can contact your academic department of your major. If you are having difficulty reaching or communication with your advisor, please contact us.  

How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?

You can schedule an appointment with your advisor through Connect, where you can see your advisor’s availability. If you do not see an advisor listed, please contact your academic department of your major. 

What does it mean to be an adult or non-traditional student?


What is the cost of tuition and fees?



The current tuition rate for this academic year is listed on the Tuition and Fees page of the Financial Services website.

How do I register for classes?

Class registration is done through My UNC Charlotte. To register for classes log in to 49er express using your NinerNET username and password. From this location, you can view available class sections, add classes to your schedule, drop classes from your schedule, and view your schedule. Once readmitted, an advising hold is placed on a student’s account, requiring a student to meet with an advisor in their academic department before registering for courses.

What is an advising hold?

All readmitted students will have an advising hold placed on their account, requiring a student to meet with an advisor from the academic department of a student’s major to discuss registration. Once a student meets with an advisor, the hold will be lifted. If it is not lifted, please contact your advisor. 

When do I register for classes?

Registration for the summer I, summer II, and fall semester starts in mid-March and registration for the spring semester starts the beginning of November. Students are assigned a registration appointment time based on credit hours earned, which can be accessed through My UNC Charlotte. Please view the Academic Calendar for registration deadlines


Can I be readmitted if I have a financial hold on my account?

No. You must fulfill your financial obligation to the university and have your financial hold lifted by the posted application deadline in order for your application to be fully processed. If you apply for readmission, but cannot get your financial hold lifted by the application deadline of the term you applied for; your application will be withdrawn from the university and you must reapply for any future term you wish to attend. This includes submission of another readmit application and fee. Please click here to sign in to Banner Self Service and view your record for possible financial holds.

Can I change my major?

Yes. If you are in good academic standing (2.0 CGPA or higher) you can change your major. Students must meet the prerequisite requirements for declaring a major, which are listed on the Academic Plan of Study.

Can I visit campus and talk with someone about coming back to school?

I got my acceptance letter. What do I do now?

What if I am approved for readmission but don’t enroll that term?

Your readmit application, and acceptance, is only good for the semester in which you apply. If you do not enroll, you must go through the application process again, submitting another application.

What undergraduate degree programs does UNC Charlotte offer?

UNC Charlotte offers 80+ bachelor's degree program.  Check out the Undergraduate Majors webpage for a list of the majors available.

Who needs to apply for readmission?

All readmit students are former degree seeking undergraduate students of UNC Charlotte. Students that have not been enrolled for 12 consecutive months after the semester last attended at UNC Charlotte need to apply for readmission. For example, if a student attended the spring 2008 semester and did not enroll by the spring 2009 semester. For additional classifications and information, please visit Undergraduate Student Readmission Information. If you have never been an undergraduate student at UNC Charlotte, review the requirements for applying to the university as a freshman or transfer student.

Course Credits

Can I get credit for work experience?

Although UNC Charlotte does not offer course credit for work experience directly, a student currently enrolled at UNC Charlotte may pass a specially prepared challenge examination and receive credit for a University course without having to do the normal course work. The student contacts the program in which credit is sought to request administration of an examination. Students may also receive up to 23 semester hours of course credit through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) developed by the College Board, which helps you receive college credit for what you already know.

Do my earned credits expire?

In most situations your earned credits from UNC Charlotte or your transfer credit from another institution will still count towards meeting graduation requirements. If the academic program you are pursuing is an accredited program or if the course content has changed drastically from when you first took the course, you may need to retake a course to meet graduation requirements. It is ultimately up to the discretion of the academic department to determine the courses you will still need to complete to fulfill your major requirements.  

Course Offerings

Can I take classes at another school if it isn't offered at UNC Charlotte?

Yes. You have a couple of options to do so.

The Greater Charlotte Consortium (GCC) is a cross-town course registration consortium that allows students to take classes at other consortium member institutions when the class is not offered at the student's home institution. Students must be enrolled full-time at their home institution to participate in the GCC. For additional information and a list of the participating institutions, please visit the consortium website:

UNC Online is a consortium of UNC system schools who offer online and hybrid degree options in one place. If you cannot find an online course that you need at UNC Charlotte, you may find an online course in the UNC System. Consult with an academic advisor before enrolling in a course offered by another institution. 

Any student taking courses at other institutions must complete a Transient Study Form with the Office of the Registrar prior to enrolling. Students may be unable to take courses elsewhere due to university policy  and must consult their Advisor and department for eligibility  before doing so.


Can I take courses online?

Possibly. UNC Charlotte offers online courses but not all courses are offered online. You can view course offerings at UNC Charlotte through Banner Self Service. Active UNC Charlotte students can also take courses through another institution in the UNC System. View for course offerings.

Does UNC Charlotte offer accelerated or online degree programs?

There are a few online degree programs offered through Distance Education. There are no accelerated programs offered at UNC Charlotte. For more information on distance education programs available throughout the UNC system, please visit UNC Online.

Does UNC Charlotte offer evening and/or weekend degree completion programs?

Possibly. UNC Charlotte offers classes in the evenings (after 5:00 PM) and on the weekends but not all courses are offered during these times. You can view course offerings for UNC Charlotte through Banner Self Service. For additional assistance, please contact the 49er Finish Program Coordinator at 704-687-5104 or